Home > Blog
17 Bright Ideas for DreamersPosted January 11, 2018 by Sue Prichard
We all have dreams. Sometimes they’re small. Other times they involve big stuff, like starting a company or building a house. Either way, they keep us moving forward. They are why we get out of bed and try to be the best versions of ourselves. Yet, many of us see the years passing without our dreams coming to fruition. That can be down heartening. In truth though, our dreams don’t fall into our laps. We have to go out there and get them. And, here are 17 bright ideas to help you do just that.
- 1. Know what you want. It may be that your dream is nothing more than a loose idea. Narrow things down. If you want a holiday, decide where you’d like to go. If you fancy starting a business, what would it be?
- 2. Settle on one thing. We often have more than one dream, but tackling them all together could mean achieving none of them.
- 3. Know how to get what you choose. This can be brief for the time being, but you need some idea of how you can achieve that goal. Otherwise, how can you take steps towards it?
- 4. Settle on a time frame. This will play a large part in whether you succeed or not. Set too short a time, and you won’t be able to achieve your goals. Set too long a time, and you may never get around to it.
- 5. Develop a plan of action. This can be brief at this stage, but you need some idea of how to achieve your dream.
- 6. Get your finances under control. If you need a substantial sum behind you to make this work, consider how to get it. You could turn to a company like Hyland Property Investments to boost earnings, or take on extra work. Either way, take steps towards your financial goal.
- 7. Do your research. It’s important to learn everything you can about achieving this.
- 8. Make the right connections. They’ll be a huge help down the line. Join sites like Linkedin. Attend events.
- 9. Keep yourself motivated. Put up pictures which remind you of your dream. Write it down where you can see it. Don’t forget what it is you want to do.
- 10. Keep your passion for the project alive. Do things which will help towards it in the long run, like joining evening classes.
- 11. Tell people what you’re doing. They can hold you accountable.
- 12.Get started. Eventually you have to bite the bullet and do the thing. You might not feel ready. No one ever does.
- 13. Push through the struggles. There will be hurdles along the way, but you need to overcome them to make this work.
- 14. Equally, don’t push yourself too hard. Give yourself a break when you need one. Otherwise, you might abandon the plan altogether.
- 15. Ask for help. No one can achieve great things alone. It’s too difficult.
- 16. Return to your original plan often to make sure you’re still on the right track.
- 17. Enjoy the feeling of finally fulfilling your dream.