Is your home a bit of a mess? Do you wish it was a little tidier? If so, you’re not alone. Having a cluttered home is a massive stressor and something that can wreck your enjoyment of the time you spend there.
Fortunately, fighting back is easy. Here are seventeen ways to declutter your home fast.
- Organize your pantry into sections, putting grains, seeds, nuts, cans, and vegetables into separate containers. Make sure that you label everything and that there’s a definite theme.
- Increase cabinet storage in your kitchen, especially if you use a lot of appliances. Don’t put up with keeping stuff on the counters – it gets in the way and wrecks the mood in your kitchen. You can get a professional to increase cabinet storage, or you can expand it yourself.
- Use your vertical space. You have more room in your home than you think for all your stuff. The area above your head up the walls is the perfect way to store everything you need, especially in the kitchen and bedrooms.
- Label and organize your spices on the back of your pantry door. Please don’t allow them to get out of control, sitting in a tub or the cupboard.
- Organize your bathroom vanity by removing scattered cotton pads and mascara tubes.
- Rummage through your kitchen and bathroom, looking for any products that are past their use-by date, and discard them.
- Please get rid of all the old furniture you don’t need anymore and chuck it in a rubbish skip. Have a big clear out and free up space in your home.
- Store your towels more effectively by either rolling them into tubes and keeping them in baskets or hanging them on radiators. Whatever you do, make it look stylish.
- Look for opportunities to store things underneath spaces already taken up coffee tables and beds. Look for furniture that comes pre-installed with storage spaces, allowing it to double up, saving space in your home.
- Clear out your bedroom. The place where you sleep should be practically empty of clutter. You need somewhere that will facilitate drifting off to sleep
- Make use of hampers. Hampers are attractive objects that look great wherever you put them. Get lidded versions that hide what’s inside, allowing you to store more in your rooms, without hurting the aesthetic.
- Get rid of all the clutter in your office with space-saving solutions.
- Use the rule of three in your cleaning and organizing. Keep non-book items to a maximum of three per shelf. And partition each row of shelving into three.
- Allow extra space in your home office to expand. You never know when you might need another file.
- Keep your cords and cables organized by going wireless or using a cable-management hose. Don’t allow wires to dangle uncontrollably behind your desk. That doesn’t look good.
- Clean your coffee table, and remove all the junk you keep on top of it.
- Make sure that all your rooms have “flow.” Choose furniture that complements the size of the room.