If you are looking for a quick, tasty and healthy brunch recipe, try this one out. – Serves 2 – Appropx $4.35 per serve – Preparation time: 5 minutes – Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ½ cup corn kernels (canned and drained or frozen and defrosted)
- 250g low fat cottage cheese or ricotta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil spray
1) Crack the eggs into bowl, season and whisk.
2) Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, spray with oil.
3) Snap the bottom part of the asparagus off and discard, wash the top part and place into the pan. Cook lightly then set aside.
4) Wipe the pan clean with kitchen towel, set back onto the heat, spray with oil and pour in half of the egg mixture tilting the pan to cover the base.
5) Cook lightly while lifting and moving the egg around to cook more evenly.
6) Just before the omelette is cooked, add half the asparagus, corn and cottage cheese.
7) Fold the omelette in half and slide onto a plate. Repeat the process for the second omelette.
8) Serve with toasted wholemeal bread.