Our friends at Beak & Sons – who make the most delicious sausages known to man have just announced a new range of meatballs. My mouth is watering already. Included is also a delicious spaghetti and meatballs recipe using the meatballs. Always a huge family favourite.
Beak & Sons Classic Meatballs A twist on the age-old recipe
Despite all the advances in modern technology allowing us to work smarter, consumers are feeling more time poor than ever before and are looking for more convenient, yet tasty dinner options. Commuting to and from work, and long hours at the office eat into the day, and sitting down to enjoy a meal as a family often falls by the wayside. The cry for quality convenient food is becoming more apparent and with this in mind, Beak & Sons has added to their roster of flavourful foods that can be incorporated into easy mid-week meals in a fun and interesting way.
Beak & Sons have introduced a fresh take on the classic meatball recipe with juicy tomato flavours and delicious Italian herbs that enhance the rich, tender beef. A versatile family favourite Beak & Sons Classic Meatballs can be served for any occasion and prepared pan-fried, baked or barbequed. Serve with a favourite side for a simple and satisfying meal, or mixed into pasta for a classic spaghetti and meatballs dish.
“There is nothing better than really good food. It makes for a memorable experience and a great environment and we hope by developing more convenient and easy to prepare high quality foods more Australian families will find time in their day to sit down and enjoy them together,” says Beak & Sons CEO, David Beak.
About Beak & Sons
Beak & Sons Mr Beak’s know that quality and quantity of meat is key to making the best tasting products. They use only top quality grass-fed beef from the lush Hunter Valley, of New South Wales, to produce premium sausages, burgers and meatballs.
Both the high quality and high meat content contribute to the meaty texture and the superior taste of Beak & Sons, and as well as being loaded with beef and flavour the products are super juicy, gluten-free, MSG-free, and free of artificial additives.
There is a story behind every one of Beak & Sons products that depicts adventure, fun, fresh ingredients and true taste. As the stories evolve, the legend of the Beak family emerges as pioneers of traditional, premium sausage making. David Beak brings recipes from his family who have lived and worked in the meat industry in Europe, North America, South America and, of course, Australia. After all it is the 100 percent Australian, Hunter Valley Beef that gives the product the meaty texture and
Beak & Sons Meatballs are available at IGA (NSW), and independent grocers. RRP $6.99.
Beak & Sons Classic Spaghetti & Meatballs
· 1 packet of Beak & Sons Classic Meatballs
· Olive oil
· 1 onion diced
· 1 clove garlic, peeled and diced
· ½ cup red wine
· 1 tin diced tomatoes
· 2 tablespoons tomato paste
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
· 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· Pinch of sugar
· 1 packet of spaghetti (500g) , cooked according to package directions
· Freshly grated Parmesan to serve
1. Heat olive oil in a shallow fry pan. Brown Beak & Sons Meatballs in batches. Remove from heat and set aside while preparing the sauce.
2. For the sauce, heat olive oil in the same pan. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the wine and cook on high heat, scraping up all the brown bits in the pan, until almost all the liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, salt and pepper.
3. Return the Meatballs to the sauce, cover, and simmer on the lowest heat for 20 minutes, until the Meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
4. Bring large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 10-12 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain and serve cooked spaghetti with meatballs and sauce and freshly grated Parmesan.