I love this Chicken And Corn Soup With Risoni because it is so simple to make but has fantastic flavours. It is a hearty and filling winter warmer that my whole family enjoys and I am sure your family will love it too. This recipe makes a large batch and its great for leftovers and suitable for freezing. It also makes a great ’emergency’ meal you can pull out from the freezer for a heart lunch or late night supper. This is also a terrific recipe if you have younger kids as you can simply dice the chicken and veggies up smaller and the whole family can have the same meal. Here is a bright ideas – add a few ice cubes to the kids soup bowls so it cools down faster.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 litres of chicken stock
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 tins creamed corn
- 2 cups risoni pasta
- 1 loaf multigrain sourdough (or bread of your choice)
1) Slice chicken thighs into strips and poach in water for 5 mins or until cooked through. 2) Remove from water and set aside. 3) In another large pot bring stock to the boil. 4) Add in carrot, corn and risoni pasta. 5) Cook until carrot is tender and risoni is cooked (approx 15mins). 6) Add in cooked chicken and creamed corn and bring to the boil. Tip: Serve the Chicken and Corn Soup with Risoni with crusty bread for dipping or top with finely sliced spring onion.
- Do you find it hard to get the kids to eat dinner? Why not try some great, colourful dinnerware that they will enjoy eating out of, like these melamine sets from Bobble Art. We love the fact that they are pretty, colourful and durable.
- TAGS: Sue’s Chicken and Corn Soup With Risoni, chicken and corn soup with risoni recipe, chicken and corn soup with risoni dinner recipe, recipe for chicken and corn soup with risoni, warm and hearty chicken and corn soup with risoni recipe.