Tilda Rice Basmati Paella in a flash! You bet. This tasty and healthy winter warmer will leave you fealling full and satisfied, and using the Tilda Easy Cook Rice, this basmati paella won’t take you long to make. We love that this recipe also includes turmeric – not only does it give a beautiful colour to this basmati paella, but its health benefits are legendary.
- 225g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati Rice or 225g Tilda Pure Basmati Dry Rice
- 1 chicken breast
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 115g chorizo sausage, peeled
- 600ml gluten-free chicken stock
- 4 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 115g frozen peas
- Salt and black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and brown the chicken on both sides. Place in the oven at 180°C for 12 minutes.
2. Add the onion and garlic, and stir in the turmeric. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Slice the chorizo and add to the pan with the rice and stock. Bring to the boil and season to taste, then cover and continue to cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, sliced red pepper and frozen peas, and cook for a further 10 minutes until the rice has absorbed the stock.
5. Slice the chicken breast and place on the presented paella.