Pancakes make a great weekend breakfast or brunch the whole family will love. Make them extra special and add some some ‘chocolate’. Chocolate Chip Pancakes are sure to be a winner. You’ll be surprised to find that many of the ingredients already live in your pantry. Try this great recipe and share some time with the family this weekend.
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 20 minutes, Makes: 6-8 pancakes
- – 1 cup all purpose flour
- – 1 tbsp sugar
- – 2 tsp baking powder
- – ¼ tsp salt
- – 1 large egg
- – 1 cup milk (can use coconut, almond or dairy milk)
- – 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- – ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- – ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1) In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- 2) Add the egg, milk, vanilla extract and vegetable oil into the dry ingredients and stir until combined but still lumpy.
- 3) Fold in the chocolate chips to the batter.
- 4) Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour ¼ cup of batter for each pancake onto the skillet. When the top starts to get bubbly, flip over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- 5) Top with powdered sugar and serve with pure maple syrup and extra choc chips, if desired.
- 6) Enjoy your delicious Chocolate Chip Pancakes.