Super quick but a taste explosion!
serving size: 4 people
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk
- 1 cup coconut milk/cream
- 2 cups chicken stock or reduced-sodium broth
- 1/2kg boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 package shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste and finely chopped lemongrass (lemongrass paste and ginger paste found in most supermarket produce departments may be substituted)
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
Stir together unsweetened almond milk, stock, chicken, mushrooms, ginger, curry paste, lemongrass and chili garlic sauce in a large saucepan; cook until mixture starts to simmer. Reduce heat and simmer over very low heat, covered, for 15 minutes. Stir in spinach, green onions and lime zest, then season to taste with fish or soy sauce.