An indulgent yet healthy dish that is sure to make a week night dinner feel 5 star.
Prep time: 15-20mins Cooking time: 15-20 mins Serving size: 8 to 12 people
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 8 stalks shallots diced
- 1/2kg prawns, peeled, uncooked
- 400 grams clams and juice, uncooked
- 250 grams scallops, uncooked
- 150 grams crab, uncooked
- 2/3 cup flour, unbleached
- 3 cups Original Almond Breeze almond milk
- 4 tbsp. dill, fresh, minced
- 1 tbsp. Sea salt
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
1) Heat 4 – 6 tbsp. of olive oil in stockpot. 2) Stir in mushrooms, onion, shrimp, clams and scallops. 3) Cook until seafood is tender. Remove from heat. 4) Stir in crab. 5) Transfer seafood to bowl, leaving seafood juices in stockpot. 6) Add remaining oil to pot. 7) Whisk in flour and half of the Original Almond Breeze®. 8) Cook over low heat, whisking continuously, 4 – 5 minutes. 9) Whisk in all remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer over low heat cooking 5 – 6 minutes. 10) Add seafood to sauce mixture. Adjust spices. 11) Gently simmer an additional 5 – 6 minutes, stirring often. 12) Add wine if desired.
- TIP: Serve in puff pastry shells, over pasta or over rice. Use any good quality white, firm fish instead of any of the above seafood.