We are so excited that the iconic Max Brenner “Chocolate by the Bald Man” has shared one of its mouth watering and decadent recipes with us. This comes from “Recipes from the Chocolate: A Love Story 65 Chocolate Dessert Recipes from Max’s Private Collection”. Divine. These Guilt-free fried chocolate truffles come with generous extra cream of healthy happiness.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 454 grams dark chocolate
- chopped 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 cups vegetable oil
1. Bring the cream to a simmer and pour over the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Let sit until the chocolate begins to melt, about 1 minute, then stir until smooth. Beat in the butter and Amaretto until thoroughly combined. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
2. Scoop the chocolate mixture with a mini ice-cream scoop or a teaspoon and roll into 2.5cm balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and freeze for at least 2 hours.
3. Prepare three shallow bowls, one with beaten egg, one with flour and one with shredded coconut. Roll the frozen balls in each bowl; first in the egg, then in the flour, then in the egg again and finally in the shredded coconut.
4. Let the balls rest for a few minutes in the refrigerator, then dip them again in all three bowls in the same order. Freeze the double-dipped balls for at least 1 hour.
5. In a deep pan, heat the vegetable oil to 190 ̊C. Carefully fry the truffles, working in batches so as not to crowd the pan, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes about 30 truffles.