Australian Eggs Are you looking for a great, healthy recipe for Father’s Day? This year Father’s Day is Sunday, 7th September and it is the day we spoil dad and what better way to start the day than to give dad a great meal using Eggs. This is a terrific recipe that also includes spinach and asparagus. Did you know, a serve of Spinach and Asparagus Pasta with soft boiled egg is a good source of fibre, folate, iron and vitamin A and low in sodium. Dad will be thanking you for this great dish. Cooking time: 15 mins, Serves: 4
- – 350 grams penne pasta
- – 12 spears asparagus
- – 2 tbsp olive oil
- – 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- – 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- – 1 small red and yellow capsicum char grilled and cut into slices
- – 4 eggs
- – 4 tbsp parmesan, grated
1) Cook the pasta according to pack directions. 2) Meanwhile, steam the asparagus for three minutes, or until crisp tender. Slice into pieces. 3) Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick fry, add the garlic to the pan and cook for about a minute until it’s crisp and golden. 4) Toss the spinach leaves, capsicum and asparagus into the pan to heat through. 5) Bring a small pan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Boil for four minutes or until soft boiled. 6) Drain and cool in cold water. Carefully peel and set aside. 7) Drain the pasta and toss the remaining olive oil and vegetables through it. Serve into bowls and place an egg on top of each dish.
TIP: Sprinkle a tablespoon of parmesan over the top and garnish with and cracked black pepper.
- TAGS: healthy recipe for Father’s Day, healthy Recipe for Father’s Day breakfast, healthy recipe for Father’s Day lunch, healthy recipe for Father’s Day dinner, Recipes for Dads, Recipes using eggs, mums websites, bright ideas for mums, bright ideas, tips for mums.