A delicious and moist lemon, polenta and ricotta cake with a bit of zing! Something special to take to your next morning or afternoon tea or just a treat for the family.
- 1 cup fine ‘instant’ polenta
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, pinch of salt
- 200 mls coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- finely grated rind of 2 lemons
- 125ml (½ cup) lemon juice
- 250g ricotta
- thick cream or yoghurt and berries, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease a 20cm round cake pan.
- Place the polenta, almond meal, baking powder and salt in a bowl and
- In another bowl add the eggs, and beat with a fork until fluffy, then
add the coconut milk, lemon juice and zest. Fold in the dry ingredients
then the ricotta, trying to keep the ricotta as chunky as possible.
- Bake for around 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve with thick cream and berries.