Eat Fit Food’s raw cacao bliss balls are packed with superfoods and goodness. They are an easy “hands on” recipe to make with the kids and great to keep in the freezer for last minute afternoon play dates and school lunches
Preparation time: 2hrs.
- 1 cup whole organic walnuts
- 1 cup whole organic almonds
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- 12 organic dates
- 2 tbsp organic raw cacao powder
- organic desiccated coconut for decorating
1) Blend all ingredients except coconut oil. 2) Heat coconut oil on the stove over low heat. 3) Add melted coconut oil to mix and blend again.The resulting mixture should be tacky and moist. 4) Roll into bite sized balls with your hands. 5) Coat in desiccated coconut and/or raw cacao powder. 6) Pop in the fridge for 2 hours. TIP: Replace the almonds and walnuts with pumpkin/sunflower seeds and other dried fruits such as sultanas and currents.
- TAGS: Eat Fit Foods, Raw Foods, raw cacao bliss balls, school lunchbox ideas, recipes for kids, easy snack ideas, ideas for mums, recipes to make with kids, healthy snacks, home made treats.