Australian Eggs Looking for a great recipe for a Father’s Day breakfast? This year Father’s Day is Sunday, 7th September and it is the day we spoil dad and what better way to start the day than to give dad a great breakfast using Eggs. Eggs are high in good quality protein, which has been shown to contribute to greater feelings of satisfaction after eating and assist with weight management. Eggs are also the perfect go-to option for Aussie families, not only are they tasty and versatile, but they are inexpensive, nutritious and can be paired with healthy ingredients, such as vegetables, in hearty meals.
Why not try this delicious egg recipe for a Father’s Day breakfast this Father’s Day.
- – 2 eggs
- – ½ small Spanish onion, peeled and sliced
- – ¼ red capsicum, de-seeded, washed and sliced
- – 80g salt reduced leg ham, cut into large strips
- – spray oil
- – salt and pepper, to taste
- – 1 small crusty wholemeal bread roll
1) Preheat oven to 160oC. 2) Use a fry pan with ovenproof handle, heat over medium heat and spray the pan with oil. 3) Add sliced onion and capsicum and sauté until semi soft. 4) Add ham, sauté for a further minute or two then place eggs on top. 5) Place in the oven and bake until eggs are done to your liking. 6) Remove pan from the oven and place pan onto a heat resistant surface. 7) Eat straight out of the pan, be careful, as the handle will be very hot. 8) Serve with one small wholemeal crusty bread roll. TIP: Add other vegetables such as mushrooms, celery and spinach.
- TAGS: Recipe for a Father’s Day breakfast, Recipe for a Father’s Day breakfast in bed, Recipes for Dads, Recipes using eggs, mums websites, bright ideas for mums, bright ideas, tips for mums.