A super healthy vegetarian recipe for all the family. Serves 4.
- 2 capsicums, cut into chunks (red and yellow)
- 500 g pumpkin, cut into large chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 180 g (1 cup / 6oz) quinoa, well rinsed + drained
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- ground black pepper, to taste
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 200 C. Combine capsicum, pumpkin, zucchini and red onion with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Season with ground pepper and a little cinnamon. Roast for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Cook quinoa by combining into a small pot with 2 cups of water (similar to rice). Bring to the boil, turn down the heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes until tender and water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and allow to sit for another 10 minutes. Remove vegetables from the oven and place into a large bowl. Add the quinoa, lemon zest and a little juice, parsley and pesto. Mix through lightly until combined. Spoon into serving bowls and enjoy!