Australian Eggs Looking for a great recipe for a Father’s Day lunch? This year Father’s Day is Sunday, 7th September and it is the day we spoil dad and what better way to start the day than to give dad a great breakfast using Eggs. Eggs are high in good quality protein, which has been shown to contribute to greater feelings of satisfaction after eating and assist with weight management. Eggs are also the perfect go-to option for Aussie families, not only are they tasty and versatile, but they are inexpensive, nutritious and can be paired with healthy ingredients, such as vegetables, in hearty meals.
Why not try this delicious Scrambled Eggs with Spicy Stewed Tomatoes recipe for a Father’s Day lunch this Father’s Day.
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup skim milk
- 3 tsp margarine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 tomatoes, large and ripe, chopped
- 1 – 2 chillies, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Pepper and a pinch of sugar to taste
- 2 tsp margarine
- 1 cup sweet corn
- ½ cup spring onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 8 tortillas
1) Heat fry pan and add oil, garlic, chilli. Fry gently while stirring.
2) Add chopped tomatoes, season and simmer until soft and thickened, stirring occasionally.
3) Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl and season. In a separate pan melt the margarine then add the egg mix gently stirring with a spatula until just cooked.
4) Place sweet corn and margarine in a plastic container, heat in the microwave on high for 45 seconds.
5) Place tortillas into bowls, top with tomato, eggs, sweet corn, spring onion and coriander.
6) Enjoy a great day with Dad and Scrambled Eggs with Spicy Stewed Tomatoes.