This is a very romantic and indulgent dish that is sure to melt anyone’s heart and the best part of all is it is so simple that you won’t be in the kitchen all night. Serves: 4, Prep: 5 mins, Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- 650-700g rump steak, cut into four portions
- 1 round of brie (125g)
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Garlic Stir-In Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Parsley
1) Grease and then heat a frying pan with a brush or spray of vegetable or canola oil. 2) Once really hot, season the steaks quickly with a little salt and pepper and then put them straight into the pan. Do not move them for the first 2-4 mins, until there is a brown colour on the first side. 3) Place the brie in an oven proof dish such as a wide soup bowl and the rub the garlic and lightly dried herbs into the skin and bake in a preheated oven of 180c for about 8 minutes until just melting. 4) Turn and do the other side and leave for about 2 mins before turning over for the last time. You will need to adjust your cooking time depending on how you want them done and on how thick the steak is cut. 5) Remove from the heat and allow to rest. Tip: serve with the oozy fragrant cheese and a salad or Kipfler and mustard potato salad.
- TAGS: Gourmet Garden, ways to use herbs in cooking, recipes with brie, steak dinner recipes, easy to use cheese recipes, romantic dinner recipes, bright ideas, bright ideas for mums, tips for mums