Here is a delicious recipe from Simmone Logue. Vietnamese Rolls are a great after school snack, dinner party starter or fun dinner recipe the kids will love.
Preparation: 15 – 20 mins (The more you make them, the faster you will get).
- 1 packet rice paper (10″)
- 1 packet rice sticks or vermicelli, cooked and refreshed in cold water and roughly chopped
- salad leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup peanuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted shallots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bottle Simmone Logue Thai Dressing, or your favourite dipping sauce
1) Combine all ingredients except for the rice paper, dipping sauce and salad leaves. Season with salt and pepper. 2) Fill a 10″ bowl with hot water. Let it cool enough to put your hands in. 3) Place ten rice papers one at a time into the hot water and leave them for one minute or two. Gently retrieve in one bunch from the water and give them a squeeze. Place the pile out on a clean, dry bench and as quickly as possible take one at a time and lay them out. 4) Place a small amount of salad leaves 1/4 of the way down from the top of the rice paper and then place a small handful of the mix over the leaves. Add a small amount of chicken, prawn or fish to top. 5) Take the bottom of the rice paper and place over the top of your filling. Bring in each side, crossing over slightly and then roll! 6) Serve with the dipping sauce, cheeks of fresh lime and fresh flowers from your garden.
- TAGS: Simmone Logue, Simmone Logue Thai Dressing, Vietnamese Rolls, after school snack, recipes with rice paper, recipes for entertaining, dinner ideas, ideas for mums, recipes to make with kids.