Live-Well-Share The beauty of this tart is it tastes bad for you but it’s full of antioxidants from the raw cacao powder. Also full of healthy fats from the nuts and coconut oil and chock full of fibre and potassium from the dates. It’s pretty much health food but looks very naughty! It’s also vegan and paleo friendly.
- 1 cup organic activated almonds
- 1 cup organic hazelnuts
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 4 dates
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 450g soaked de-pitted fresh dates
- 1 ½ cup raw cacao ( I like a VERY rich and bitter chocolate tart if you don’t adjust your cacao to taste)
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup boiling water
Base Method: 1) Blitz the cacao nuts and dates in a food processer. 2) Melt the coconut oil and add to the nuts, combine well. 3) Press into a lined 25cm tart tin. 4) Refrigerate.
Filling Method:1) Place everything into a blender. 2) Puree till smooth it will be a thick mixture. 3) Spread over base and smooth top with a wet spatula. 4) Refrigerate till firm. 5) You will be able to eat it in a few hours but best results will be over night.
- TAGS: Live Eat Well, healthy recipes, dessert recipes, recipes with raw cacao powder, superfood recipes, chocolate tart recipes, romantic recipes, bright ideas, bright ideas for mums, tips for mums.