A fantastic lunchbox snack, great for the start of the school year. Healthy, colourful and the kids will love them!
- Makes 6 large muffins,2 per serve
- Prep time: 15 mins, cook time 25 mins.
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin, roughly chopped in 1cm dices
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, roughly chopped in 1cm dices
- 1⁄2 cup spring onions, sliced
- 1 large handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- A pinch pepper to taste
- 2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 180c. 2. Place pumpkin into a microwave-safe bowl, cover with water and cook in the microwave for 3
minutes or until slightly softened. Drain and add zucchini, spring onions and spinach. 3. Lightly beat eggs and milk, pour over the vegetables and season. 4. Sift flour and baking powder over the top and stir until just combined. 5. Spoon mixture into baking paper lined, non-stick muffin trays, sprinkling with pumpkin seeds, and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
Cooking tips: For the more mature palate, crumble low fat fetta and chopped sundried tomatoes into the mix.
Serve with: Spread muffins with low fat cream cheese.